Local WX

Friday, August 27, 2010

A Frosty Fall?

August 27th, 2010 at 12:30 am by Bill Steffen under Bill's Blog, Weather
<–click the pictures for full screen.  This is the (U.S.) CFC model forecast for September (left) and October (right)…or should I say Septembrrrrr and Octobrrrr!  It’s forecasting major cooler than normal conditions over the central U.S.  I think the model is wrong (remember this model forecast a cool summer for us).   First, we know that September is going to start warmer than average.  Second, the analog maps (and the other data I’ve looked at) haven’t let me down lately and they continue to give us overall warmer than average temperatures into the early fall.  So, I’ll stick with my forecast for a warmer than average Sept. /early Oct.  I’ll leave the thread up and come Halloween we can look back and see who was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment